Friday 27 August 2010

Day 9 ... On time!

Something I have been proud of the past few days...

If you recall ages ago I blogged of my dislike for big cakes here and I believe in the past I have said I will not be making big cakes again... But then my friend Steve Holyoake came about and wanted a big cake for his girlfriend to celebrate their 6 month anniversary. I had seen this and fallen in love with it... So decided to pay homage to The Whisk Kid and recreate.

And after faffing for about 6 hours with swiss meringue buttercream... making enemies with it... whispering obscenities in its ear... I finally got the hang of it and went for it.

And, to be honest, I am proud... and I dont feel sooo bad (only just) about big cakes any more. And this one was rather large.

Check out this bad boy!



Peace x

4 comments: