Thursday 12 November 2009

Birthdayssss...

So another post... The last couple of weeks there have been a couple of birthdays that I have been making cakes for...

First of all is Little Joe my little brother. I say little... He's 25 now. I made him some lovely chocolate guiness cakes with blue icing and sparkles... I wanted to take a picture of him with them, but hes crap and he went out with his friends and didnt have time to see me and my cakes. I did tell him that I was gonna mash his cakes with mums potato masher. I didnt cuz I am not cruel and he did call me to tell me he was sorry and his cakes were amazing...

Then there was gran who is a raging diabetic but kept saying she wanted cakes. I told her if she ate one there was no doubt in my mind that within ten minutes she would be on the floor foaming at the mouth but she promised she would take them to her prayer group or something and share them out... Only made her 3 but made them pink and sparkly. Pink is her favourite colour and she loves sparkles. She said when she delivered the tins back she would have owt that was sparkly and in that moment I realised where I get it from. We're like magpies...just nicer.


Here's Polly posing. She's wearing my vintage fur.(not real) She loves anything I have and always desires to try things on. I always let her have her fun. God knows I used to do it with all her stuff when I was a kid. Always drowned in her jewels and wicked 1970s platform court shoes...

Then I went to burnley with the boy and Picto. It was Pictos mums birthday so he commissioned me to make some cakes for her and she was dead impressed as was he. He tried to get a picture with the cakes but somehow doesnt know how to work the flash on a normal everyday camera, but hey the thought was there and I have stuck it on here anyway. the cakes were guinness choc guinness with milk choc ganache and white and milk choc star sprinkles, as Mary is not a massive icing fan and then nice little vanilla cakes with pink butter icing. With sparkles and pretty roses and hearts.


And finally it was Amy and Tonys birthday so just made them a few choc guinness cakes with yellow butter icing and bright sprinkles. We were all meeting down the pub for a couple(or ten) and I took them down too stuck candles in lit them presented them and did a little dance. Loooveeely.
(Meatloaf : Objects in the RearView Mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment